After upgrading to iPECS 3.0, the PCs of all Premium users who are also UCE Desktop users must be upgraded. If UCE Desktop does not launch after the upgrade, you will need to download and apply selected Microsoft Hotfixes.
Download UCE Desktop Client
- Make sure you have local administrator rights for your Windows PC.
NOTE: If your regular user account does not have local administrator rights, you must log on to your PC using the credentials for an account that does have local administrator rights..
- Download the iPECS UCE Desktop Client (available here, iPECS_30_UCE_Desktop_for_Windows.zip).
- Open the downloaded ZIP file.
- Right-click on the install program file (iPECS_UCE_for_Windows.exe) and choose Open.
If the account you are logged in as does not have local administrator rights, you will need to supply the user name and password for an account that does at this time and then click Yes to continue. (If you are logged in as a local administrator, you do not need to provided credentials and you will not see these screens. )
- The installation wizard will start. Click Next to begin the install.
- The wizard lets you change the location for the actual installation. You can also choose to install it just for your account or for Everyone on the computer. Click Next once you have made your choices.
- Click Next again to proceed with the installation process.
- The install process will proceed. Wait through this short process.
- When the process completes, click Close to end the install. (If an error box appears, consult your iPECS Administrator).
- Double-click the iPECS UCE icon to launch it.
- Log in to UCE Desktop using the current username and password.
- If UCE Desktop launches normally, the upgrade is complete. If UCE Desktop fails to launch, download and apply the correct Windows Hotfixes on your PC.